Help prepare the Wetherby Edible Forest for more free edibles.
Food security is an important issue for every community and the Wetherby Edible Forest aims to secure access to food for everyone, while fostering a healthy ecological system that supports monarchs, honeybees and other desired insects.
Join other residents for a fun afternoon of gardening and harvesting at the Wetherby Edible Forest.
Volunteer activities include:
- Mulching: Prepare an area for planting a garden in fall
- Weeding: Clear weeds to help grow food and habitat.
- Propagating comfrey: Free comfrey rootlets to all participants.
Food, Fun and Information
Tasty food and refreshments will be provided by New Pioneer Food Co-op.
Tours of the edible forest will be given where you can nibble sorrel and harvest aronia berries.
Publications about creating habitat for monarchs and other desired insects will be available.
What to Bring
- Comfortable clothes you don’t mind getting dirty.
- Gloves (leather ones, if you have them).
- Gardening tools: Hoes, steel rakes, wheel barrows, shovels, trowels.
- Big sheets of cardboard to cover large weed patches.
Learn more about the Wetherby Park Edible Forest: www.backyardabundance.org/AbundantLandscapes/WetherbyEdibleForest.aspx
This project would not be possible without these sponsors and supporters. Please frequent these generous organizations to thank them for donations of materials and funds.