Sponsored by Iowa City Parks and Recreation Programs
Preserving foods at home is not difficult, but it does require following research-based recipes. Even if you have been a home food preserver for years, come and learn the latest recommendations.
What you'll do:
- Be introduced to safe home food preservation methods including canning, dehydrating, and freezing.
- Receive food preservation handouts.
- See various food preservation supplies and equipment on display.
- Learn more about Preserve the Taste of Summer.
- Have your dial gauge for a pressure canner tested for free.
Presenter: Rachel Wall, Human Sciences Specialist, Nutrition and Wellness
Cost: $5 per person
For more information contact: RaQuishia Harrington at firstname.lastname@example.org or 319-356-5100