We offer a wide variety of hands-on, experiential classes to help people create beautiful landscapes that save time, energy and money while improving the health of our local environment.
Classes are customized to meet your budget and needs. Popular classes are shown below.
Ecological Design and Wildlife Habitat
- Permaculture and ecological design
- Low-maintenance landscape design
- Deer-resistant landscape design
- Establishing a new garden bed
- Rain garden design and establishment
- Establishing native prairie gardens
- Creating wildlife habitat
- Designing and establishing butterfly and pollinator gardens
- Edible landscape design and plant selection
- Seed starting
- Vegetable and herb garden establishment and management
- High-yield, low-maintenance vegetable gardening
- Square foot gardening
- Composting and compost tea
- Starting and managing a worm compost bin (vermicomposting)
- Food foraging
Children's Playscape Design
- Designing a children's natural playscape
- Creating a children's fairy garden
Health and Wellness
- Growing and using medicinal plants
- Horticultural therapy to improve mind, body and spirit
- Designing and establishing a healing garden
Handouts and Publicity
Included with the class are promotional text, posters and relevant educational handouts for all participants.
Classes typically last 1-2 hours and can be conducted indoors or outside depending upon the curriculum and time of year.
Contact us to schedule a date for a class that is customized to meet your budget and goals.