A certified ecological designer will help you create a self-maintaining garden bed that mimics the properties of a healthy ecosystem.
- Grow larger amounts of food with less maintenance than conventional gardens. Food can include vegetables, herbs, fruits, nuts, and berries.
- Attract and support preferred birds, butterflies, or other wildlife.
- Implement a bed efficiently and correctly so you can enjoy its benefits rather than having to recreate it again later.
- Increase the beauty and value of unused or unsightly areas.
We will visit your landscape twice: once to gather information and a second time to review and refine the design.
- An ecological designer visits you at your landscape for approximately 2 hours.
- During the first half of the consultation, we walk your landscape with you listening carefully to your goals, vision, ideas, and budget.
- A rough layout of the garden bed will be created based upon your preferences and the characteristics of the landscape.
- Potential plant species and their characteristics will be presented to help you understand how each plant could benefit you and your garden.
- Specific plant varieties will be researched and selected based upon your goals and preferences.
- Plants will be researched and placed to create harmonious, beautiful and self-supporting groupings.
Follow Up Visit
- The bed will be precisely laid out in the landscape making adjustments based upon your feedback.
- The plant selections and placements will be reviewed so you fully understand the rationale behind the design.
- The implementation plan will be reviewed and refined.
What You Receive
- A fully designed garden bed that emulates design patterns found in nature.
- Advice, publications, and web resources will help you learn about growing vegetables, herbs, fruits, nuts, and berries and attracting beneficial wildlife such as birds, butterflies, and bees.
- An implementation plan showing how to create the bed and when to plant each species.
Garden beds are limited to approximately 150 square feet. Estimates can be provided for larger areas.
Contact us to arrange a visit