The shared landscape of a neighborhood, park, business, or church can provide great deal of enjoyment when we come together to understand how everyone wants to interact with the space.
A visioning event invites 10 or more people to brainstorm ideas for a shared landscape, encouraging creative thinking, addressing prickly issues in positive ways, and establishing a common vision. The event typically lasts around 2 hours and is organized by experienced meeting facilitators.
Good First Step
A visioning event is an excellent way to kick off the landscape design process. The captured goals and desired features can readily be used during the Concept Design step. Experienced designers can help you with this step or we can give you tips for creating the designs yourself. Customized classes are also available to help you take the next steps.
- Establish a common vision that defines characteristics the landscape and activities that will happen in those areas.
- Understand the process and steps required to create a detailed master plan and implementation schedule.
- Understand how the activities of people, animals, and insects can play a role in managing the landscape.
Before the visioning event, it is important to get a high-level understanding of the event’s purpose, desired outcomes, and goals of the participants.
- We will walk the landscape to get an understanding of its major features, potential and challenges.
- During the visit, we will discuss how people might use the area and who will be invited to the visioning event.
- Any contentious issues will be noted for discussion.
- Shortly after the visit, a proposal and cost estimate are provided describing how to facilitate the brainstorming session.
- The proposal is refined until the process and desired outcomes are agreed upon.
- The event begins with by describing the purpose of the event and the ground rules.
- Information about ecological landscape design is shared along with images of the possibilities for the area.
- Two or more small groups are then formed to brainstorm and articulate ideas. Each group has a specific focus or the participants have common characteristics.
- Everyone reconvenes and each group summarizes their results for further discussion.
$250 - $600 depending upon the size of the landscape, number of participants and desired level of summarization after the gathering.
Within 6 months of the meeting, you can upgrade to a Concept Design or Complete Master Plan and the cost of this consultation will be credited toward these comprehensive services.
Contact us to arrange a visit